St Joseph’s BNS
ANNUAL ADMISSION NOTICE
in respect of admissions to the 2022/2023 school year
Admission Policy and Application Form
A copy of the school’s Admission Policy and the Application Form for Admission 2022/2023 for St. Joseph’s BNS is available as follows: –
To access the application form on line from October 4th please click the following link
On request: By emailing email@example.com or writing to:
Admissions, St Joseph’s BNS, Terenure Rd East, Dublin 6, D06ED86
PART 1 – Admissions to the 2022/2023 school year
Application and Decision Dates for admission to 2022/2023 school year
The following are the dates applicable for admission to Junior Infants
|The school will commence accepting applications for admission on:||October 4th, 2021|
|The school shall cease accepting applications for admission on:||November 12th, 2021|
|The date by which applicants will be notified of the decision on their application is:||November 29th, 2021|
|The period within which applicants must confirm acceptance of an offer of admission is:||December 7th 2021|
*Failure to accept an offer within the prescribed period above may result in the offer being withdrawn.
Note: the school will consider and issue decisions on late applications in accordance with the school’s admission policy.
Number of places being made available in St Joseph’s BNS
|The number of places being made available in junior infants is:||54|
Please click here to view the updated version of the St. Joseph’s BNS Covid-19 Response Plan which is the Dept. of Educ. Back to School Plan. Page 12 lists the common symptoms of Covid -19 and other less common symptoms that we have been advised to bring to your attention.
We have worked hard at getting the school building and school procedures and policies in place for the new school year.
Please familiarise yourselves with the following requirements:
Information for Parents/Guardians:
- Video for parents of children in Junior Infants – https://youtu.be/UomH_vakjDI
- Video for parents of children Senior Infants – RII – https://youtu.be/4smnni5jpGI
- Video for parents of children RIII – RVI – https://youtu.be/97nErW1-0YU
- A Parent’s Guide to Close Contacts – click here
- Multi-lingual advice for parents – click here
- Reminders for Parents:
- Do not congregate at or near school during drop off and collection times
- Communication with the school must take place by phone or online
- School policy in relation to children with symptoms of COVID-19. Do not to send children to school if they are:
- close contacts of a person with COVID-19
- are awaiting a test
- are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19
- if they live with someone who has symptoms of the virus
- if they have travelled outside of Ireland (see latest Govt. advice – click here
Come and have a look at out boys’ art exhibition here
The boys in the 4th classes designed and created art pictures for the ball wall in Faughs G.A.A. club for the annual Faughs community project competition.
The aim of the project was to design something related to Faughs and its history that could be painted onto the ball wall. The winning entry will be painted onto the ball wall in October and the boys who designed it will be given their prizes by the Dublin manager, Mattie Kenny, in September.
Many thanks to Paul Dixon and his committee for their hard work and their commitment over the years in organising such a brilliant and enjoyable event.
Our school garden is coming into its own now that summer has started. 3rd class have been experimenting, and following recipes with some the vegetables and fruit.
They made some Elderberry cordial which involved peeling, weighing and measuring and lots of fun!
There’s a host of healthy herbs, first rhubarb harvest ( mmm, crumble on the way), lick your lips garlic, spuds springing up, cabbage coming along and strawberries peeking out. The June garden is bursting out!