Tables-Hit the Button-how many questions can you get right in one minute?
Tables-Pop the Balloons (how long will it take you to answer 10 questions?)
2nd class Maths
If you think you can solve any Maths puzzle on this page bring your answer and written explanation (question & answer) to Mr. Ring and you may win a prize!!
“If yesterday was tomorrow, then today would be Saturday.” What day is it?
“A bat and a ball cost €1.10 in total. The bat costs €1.00 more than the ball. How much does the ball cost?”
Countdown Numder Game-with solutions!
Maths Under Pressure:Click here & play hard
Print graph paper here
1 sq cm paper(Excel 97-03)
1 sq cm check measurements
1 sq cm paper(Excel online)
Do you know your tables?
Percentage Game- estimate and find a percentage on the numberline
Degrees in a Triangle
30 second challenge
BBC New ways to do long multiplication and long division
Maths Quiz Class Page
Times Table 7 Game
Times Table 8 Game
Times Table 9 Game
6th class Maths videos
Grade 8 Maths
Using a protractor. More Here and here (click on measure)
More difficult Puzzles!!
Probability: Do you want to win a car or a goat
Maths Games and Brain Training
How often do the hands of an analogue clock overlap ie at 12.00, then just after 1.05, etc. Find out by clicking on the link?
Maths Quiz 12 questions
ABOVE-Find the value of Angle x if O is the centre of the circle
ABOVE-Answer is not below 100
ABOVE- think of prime numbers
PUZZLES:-1. If two trains, both the same length and going in opposite directions, both travelling at 90kmph, take 6 seconds to pass each other, how long is each train in metres?
2. What’s the next number in the sequence 1, 4, 27, 256, ….
3. How many degrees does the hour hand (small hand) of the clock move in one minute?
4. You have a drawer full of socks, each one of which is black, white, or blue. You start taking socks out without looking at them. How many socks do you need to take out of the drawer to be sure you have taken out at least two socks that are the same color?
5. Can you show a quick way to add all the numbers from 1 to 100 (you will end up multiplying)?
6. There are 128 tennis players in the first round of Wimbledon every year. How many matches must be played in the whole tournament (You must show the quick way to work this out)?
7. In a sequence of numbers, each term after the first three terms is the sum of the previous three terms. The first three terms are -3, 0, 2. Which is the first term to exceed 100?
8. Problem to solve with simultaneous equations: There are pigs and turkeys on a farm. There are 58 heads and 168 legs. How many pigs are there and how many turkeys are there?
9. What’s the next number in the sequence 2, 3, 5, 9, 17, 33, ….
10. In a Rubik’s Cube how many of the small cubes have exactly one face coloured? Click here for a clue.
How many squares are there below?
Below-Estimate & then check on your calculator
Use this balance to solve equations.
Factorising in Algebra
More help to solve equations.
Kahoot equation steps
How to simplify in Algebra
Solve for a, b and c which are all positive whole numbers.
Solving quadratic equations by factoring
Below: Trick in this question-the answer is not 16.
Numberwork, Geometry and Algebra
How to draw a regular hexagon (or decagon) using a ruler and a compass
Try it out in your copybook or maybe start by drawing a perfect square using this fantastic geometry drawing website. Here’s another drawing program. You can install this app from the Google Chrome store.
More Geometry-Pythagaros’ Theorem
In a right-angled triangle, the square on the hypotanuse (the long side) is equal in area to the sum of the squares on the other two sides (of the triangle).
Find N (use Pythagaros)
Explanation without words. Use the slider.
Pythagaros with Post-It notes (animation-you will need 50)…
…..and with biscuits!!
Below-Extension Maths for 5th & 6th Class
CIMT resource menu
Fractions, Decimals & Percentages
Logic Puzzles-Venn Diagrams
Graphs & Co-ordinate Geometry Plot a line-equations
Pattern & Sequences
Factors, Prime Numbers & Square Roots Interactive Practice
Pythagaros Interactive Practice Problems More
Data, Pie charts Line Graphs
Shapes, Nets & Area
Algebra-Brackets & Factors
Numberwork, Geometry and Algebra
Linear Equations 2